D:create’s workshops are always designed to make participants feel comfortable, whilst challenging them and developing self-esteem and confidence. Workshops can be adapted to any group for any length of time. D:create has worked with toddlers, in schools, with young people at risk, with youth leaders, in community centres and with professionals to provide professional development training.
D:create specialises in developing creative workshops to address a theme or issue with a group. The approach uses games and exercises to explore in a fun an interesting way, often incorporating drama, movement and/or art.
Past examples of issue based workshops D:create has run (and an example of the community the workshops were targeted for) include:
– Body image (for year 8 female students)
– Conflict resolution (in a prisons in the UK)
– Environment (with year 6 and 7 students)
– Leadership (
– Creating new futures (run with children in Brazil)
(these projects can be run in partnership with a psychologist from Empowering Options *link*)
Skill based workshops
D:create can provide workshops on learning the specific skills of:
– physical theatre
– creative movement
– playback theatre
– recycled art projects
– traditional visual art (drawing, painting, craft)
– Theatre of the Oppressed (forum theatre, rainbow of desires, cops in the head)
– the basics of photoshop
– introduction to photography
– introduction to circus
Photos of past workshops. Download a workshop plan example.